« Repent Now! | Main | LA Times Blows Its Credibility »
Daniel Weintraub has a hilarious bit on last minute campaigning by Gray Davis and his supporters. This, of course, could only take place in San Francisco:
As [Mayor Willie] Brown spoke, a man with an oversized Arnold Schwarzenegger mask strapped to his face, money in his hands and a large blue E symbolizing Enron pursued a woman dressed in pink around the plaza, groping her between faux slaps in the face.
And here's something that will make Davis sleep easier:
Charles Duff, 24, a student at San Francisco State University, sat with his back to the rally. I asked him what he thought of the recall.Sphere It View blog reactions
“Crazy,” he said. “It’s crazy.”
What’s crazy about it? I asked him.
“The idea that you can take out a guy and have all these people running to replace him.”
So you’re going to vote against the recall?
“When’s the election?” he asked before answering the question himself. “Tomorrow, isn’t it? I don’t know. I have to work. I have to work most of the day.”
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!