« John Nerdahl, You're My Hero | Main | Meryl Yourish Fisks Michael Moore »
Michael Kantor over at The Calico Cat confesses to his secret vice of late:
Despite the name of the show, Average Joe, these guys range from a little below average to downright ugly.
I expected to hate the show like I've hated all other reality shows I've seen. But I was surprised to discover that I actually enjoyed the show and I'm looking forward to the second episode on Monday night. What's going on here? Have my tastes in entertainment sunk to the lowest common denominator? Will I take up bowling and hunting next week?
Michael's post is, as always, well-written and entertaining. More so than the television show, I suspect, but then again I'm no fan of reality TV. He suspects that the guys are the butt of the joke despite the advertisements we've seen, depicting the show as a karmic payback to a pretty woman with overweening hubris.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!