« Movie Review: Auto Focus (2002) | Main | He Still Doesn't Get It »
Who knew that when India and Syria decided to get together that it would produce such comedic possibilities:
India and Syria want the United Nations (news - web sites) to play a major role in Iraq (news - web sites) where the priority must be to restore security, said a joint statement to mark the departure of Indian premier Atal Behari Vajpayee.
The two countries said it was "vital that the Iraqi people take charge of their own destiny", and for the United Nations to "play a large role in the economic and political reconstruction of Iraq".
Wow, wouldn't that be great! Oh, wait a moment -- the UN buggered out of Iraq when their security forces allowed terrorists to bomb their facility. Their security forces, of course, were their former Iraqi Intelligence Services minders under the Saddam Hussein regime. So we should allow the UN to use Saddam's Gestapo to "play a large role in the economic and political reconstruction of Iraq"? I know just the guy to lead them -- Saddam himself! Hey, he seems all right ... I'm sure he's learned his lesson.
On the other hand, maybe I'm being too harsh on the UN. Just ask the people of Srebrenica how effective the UN can be when they protect defenseless civilians against genocidal strongmen. Of course, there's a lot less of them to ask, but you can give it a try.
The two countries urged "effective cooperation in the struggle against international terrorism," adding that terror must not be linked to one religion in particular.
Well, we have to be careful not to insult Muslims. After all, other religions commit acts of terror against civilian populations, too. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses have been terrorizing doorbells for decades now. It's only a semantic difference between doing that and:
* blowing up embassies in Kenya and Tanzania
* attacking US Navy ships in port
* kidnapping US citizens and holding them for years
* hijacking four civilian airplanes and flying them into buildings, killing 3,000 civilians
Oh, you mean that other religions haven't done that? Not even Jehovah's Witnesses? Get out!Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!