« Great Security at Buckingham Palace | Main | A Little Perspective from The Politburo Diktat »
I know every media outlet in the nation is covering the Michael Jackson/Neverland Ranch search story, instead of something a bit more useful, but our national shame has reached international status. Merde in France has posted about this, linking to a Canadian story, with this lovely little quote from The King of Pop:
Jackson denounced media coverage of the search in a statement released by Backerman to The Associated Press. "I've seen lawyers who don't represent me and spokespeople who do not know me speaking for me. These characters always seem to surface with dreadful allegations just as another project, an album, a video is being released," the Jackson statement said.
Yes, it's not enough that this well-known creep manages to embarrass us internationally, he also manages to plug his latest project along with it. Hey, I guess there's no such thing as bad publicity, is there?
Also, Merde in France suggested a song for the occasion, but it's all in French, so I can't read it. If your French is better than mine, let me know what the lyrics say. And as always, check out the entire blog if you haven't already -- it's always illuminating!Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!