« Update on Miss Afghanistan | Main | They Don't Just Eat Donuts in Eagan »
I don't know why I moved from LA to Minnesota. I honestly thought that I would feel safer here, but then I readthis story:
Laura Lee Nicholas heard a couple of taps on her bedroom window Wednesday morning. Her day was about to get very interesting. ``All of a sudden, I heard this really bad crash,'' the 21-year-old college student said. ``I thought it was a burglar.''
She hid under her blanket. Noise coming from her dresser followed, as she imagined a burglar taking everything out of her dresser.
Nicholas thought the burglar had left her room, which is on the ground level of her parents' home. So she peeked out from under the blanket to grab a cell phone. That's when she saw a deer, staring right back at her.
She still called police, and two officers quickly led the deer back outside. It was turned over to a humane society.
Man, even the deer are tough in Minnesota. I suppose it was looking for someething to fence quickly out in the Range, so it could get high on fermented leaves. Bad news, those home-invasion deer. But I love the way the AP finishes this story: the deer was turned over "to a humane society". Well I guess that leaves out our society, then. Maybe they turned it over to the Swiss.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!