« Dru Sjodin Breaking News | Main | USS Clueless Captures the Philosophy of America at War »
Every time this idiot involves himself in international politics, I thank God he only served as President for four years.
While appearing in Geneva, Jimmy Carter managed to blame Bush for Mideast violence, blame Jews for their own destruction, and argue for rewarding terrorism with territory, all in one speech (from the Jerusalem Post, via Power Line):
Former US President Jimmy Carter unleashed a fierce attack against the Israeli and American governments in his speech at the Geneva Initiative's ceremony in Switzerland. ... In Geneva, Carter said Israel's settlements in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and the security fence are the main obstacles to peace. He called repeatedly for the return of Palestinian refugees to the territories, beyond what is called for in the Geneva Initiative. ... Carter said that is of equal importance that Palestinians renounce violence against Israeli citizens, but he said this must happen in exchange for commitment to the Geneva Initiative.
You'll have to read through the whole thing to get the true flavor of Carter's continuing idiocy. Just to recap Carter's bona fides as a statesman-at-large:
* Carter undercut Clinton in Haiti, arranging a peace deal that eventually collapsed of its own weight
* Carter undercut Clinton again with North Korea, arranging a deal that allowed Kim Jong-Il to easily mask its nuclear program and stopped Clinton from preventing North Korea from arming itself with WMDs
* Carter excoriated Bush for his policy on Afghanistan and Iraq while accepting a Nobel Peace Prize, which its sponsors admitted was awarded to Carter to rebuke Bush and America
Jimmy Carter, who can do so much good when he's not meddling in foreign policy, has been an absolute disaster as an ex-President. After the debacles of his presidency -- Teheran and Afghanistan, among others -- it's hard to believe that he could do more damage to Western security out of office than in, but he's sure trying his best. As Power Line states:
It used to be the case that politics stopped at the water's edge. It used to be the case that American politicians refrained from criticism of the president of the United States on foreign soil. It used to be the case that former presidents exercised self-restraint in commenting on the performance of their successors in office. Mister Peanut has inadvertently offered powerful evidence of the wisdom of these traditions.Sphere It View blog reactions
It must be irrefutable proof of the existence of God and of His providential design that the United States of America survived the presidency of this cretin.
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!