« Another Time Round the Blogosphere | Main | Socialism: The Minnesota Explanation »
MoveOn finally held its awards presentation last night, and the Drudge Report has a partial transcript from the event. The Democrats apparently intend on cornering the election market in hate this year:
MARGARET CHO (Comedian) --
* "Despite all of this stupid bullsh-- that the Republican National Committee, or whatever the f--- they call them, that they were saying that they're all angry about how two of these ads were comparing Bush to Hitler? I mean, out of thousands of submissions, they find two. They're like fu--ing looking for Hitler in a hawstack. You now? I mean, George Bush is not Hitler. He would be if he fu--ing applied himself." big, extended applause) "I mean he just isn't."
CHUCK D (Rapper -- Public Enemy)
* "But truly, seriously, quite frankly, the people are smart enough to realize that the world is important and we only have one life [or right, unclear], that's tired of this bullsh--, or better than that, tired of this Bushsh--" (big applause)
* "Son of a Bush and his crew is at it again, because, we do not want 8 years run by a Colon, a Bush and a Dick." (big applause)
*"I'm Al Franken. I'm here to present the funniest ad award. I'm a last-minute substitution, former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was supposed to be the presenter, but unfortunately he was murdered."
*Said he had "contempt" for Bush, called him a "big fat f---ing liar."
Yes, it's truly a vulgarian's delight at MoveOn. Note that in this transcript there are no policy challenges, no discussion of Bush's record or -- even better -- no discussion of their own policies and the Democrats' records. It's just another Bush hate-in, in the same mold as the Hollywood version put on by Larry David's wife last month. For supposedly "creative" people, these "entertainers" sound exhaustingly alike. If this is all they have to bring in November, they'd better be prepared for a complete meltdown.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!