« And You Thought Americans Were Ignorant About Geography | Main | Let's All March ... Somewhere »
Don't forget that the Northern Alliance Radio Network will be broadcast in the Twin Cities this afternoon, as usual on Saturdays, between noon and 3 PM. I suspect that one topic we may indulge will be a little Schadenfranken over the continuing debacle over at Err America. As the Chicago Tribune reported yesterday, more ra -- er, people seem to be deserting the sinking ship while others insist on rearranging the deck furniture:
In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk network's co-founder and chairman, Evan Cohen, resigned Thursday along with his investment partner and vice chairman, Rex Sorensen.
The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll Wednesday, leaving its staff of roughly 100 writers and producers unpaid until Thursday. ...
"We're on a wild ride," said Jon Sinton, the network's president, acknowledging that Air America has suffered "the typical bumps and bruises faced by any start-up."
"But the bottom line," he said, "is that we are on the air to stay."
Let's see -- we take a bunch of socialistic, anticapitalist, antiglobalist activists and have them form an entertainment corporation in order to rail against corporate power ... and then they can't make payroll? What a shocker!
I guess George Soros finally listened to their programming.
Mitch Berg notes other indications that their business plan had significant defects from the start:
1. They've been on the air five weeks. And they're already sucking pond water.Sphere It View blog reactions
2. Let me read that again. Did it really say "100 writers and producers" to produce 17 hours of weekday programming (and maybe 8-10 more on the weekends)? No, I must have mis-read that...
...er, no, it does say 100 writers and producers. To produce six weeday and three weekend programs. A lavish commercial talk operation would hire, er, maybe six producers, four engineers, and maybe some interns to screen the calls.
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!