« Maybe This Is Why They Think They Should Vote | Main | Christmas In Cambodia, Part V: Close Enough For Government Work »
My random collection of thoughts on a Monday afternoon ...
* Again this week, I will be working evenings in order to take care of some work issues and take the First Mate to some doctor's appointments. My productivity may be lower than normal, but hopefully the quality will remain high.
* I didn't mention it when it happened, but Captain's Quarters passed its 500,000th visit late last month, approximately 10 months after I launched the blog. I have a lot of people to thank for this -- notably Hugh Hewitt, the Lord High Commissioner for the Blogosphere and the father of the Northern Alliance. The guys at Power Line gave me a big lift right near the beginning, too, linking back to me several times and allowing my site to get great early exposure, and the rest of the Northern Alliance guys, too -- King at SCSU Scholars, the gang at Fraters Libertas, and Mitch at Shot In The Dark (all links are on the sidebar). They've been the integral part of CQ's success and have helped us become a Top 100 blog at the Truth Laid Bear ecosystem.
Plus, let's face it -- without the boatload of great links from the Blogfather, who just celebrated his third blogiversary, we wouldn't be anywhere near this level of traffic. Speaking of which ...
* CQ has experienced record traffic over the past two days, and I'd like to welcome anyone who's been visiting over the past few days for the first time. We had 25,000 visitors yesterday, which is a one-day record for this blog, and on a Sunday, it's unbelievable. It looks like we're heading there today, too. It won't stay that high much longer unless more news breaks on the Christmas in Cambodia story, but I hope all of you will be back during the Republican convention.
* Right Wing Duck is still overwhelmed with your responses to the Caption Contest -- I expect to get something from him today, and if I'm able to stay awake tonight, I will post the winners when I'm home from the office. Sorry for the delay!
Off to work...Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!