« CORE To Edwards: Stop Blocking Black Judges | Main | McQ Figures Out The 13 March Engagement »
I should have been warned when I called the First Mate from the office this afternoon. The Little Admiral spent the day at our house as the FM has been feeling better this past week and wanted to start watching her again, and when I called she had just gone down for a nap. She filled me in on the day's events, and finished with a sinister chuckle, "The Little Admiral has something for you to do together when you get home."
Now, having been married to the woman for several years, I have gotten to know this evil chuckle. I assumed that one of two possibilities existed:
1. She had fed the baby chili con carne for lunch and wanted me to change the diaper.
2. The LA wanted to play trampoline on my chest and finish up with a friendly game of Boot To The Head, pastimes she discovered this past weekend.
As it turned out, neither was true. (I plan on hiding the cans of chili later on, anyway.) The First Mate and the Little Admiral had spent the day in the back yard, where they had discovered the minefield left by our two Labrador retrievers. It turns out that she had wanted the First Mate to pick up the "poopies", but being blind, she told the Little Admiral how much better it would be to make Papa pick up the nuggets!
It worked, too. As soon as I got in, the Little Admiral tugged at my hand and insisted we go out right now to pick up the backyard. As you might imagine, I was somewhat less enthusiastic about the task, but her enjoyment never waned throughout the chore. She got to hold the paper bag while we walked around and cleaned up, and even seemed a little disappointed when I tossed the bag into the trash.
I think this child has a very bright future in politics.
Addendum: I am working on a fairly significant, original story regarding John Kerry that I hope to post late tonight. Keep checking back. It has nothing to do with the Swiftvets.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Shot In The Dark
Northern Alliance Radio Network
Northern Alliance Live Streaming!
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Design & Skinning by:
m2 web studios
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!