« While We Gather Around The Christmas Tree ... | Main | More Christmas With The Family »
For those of you who may have wondered why CQ was so quiet yesterday -- two posts? -- I figured you'd like to see what kept me so preoccupied. I hadn't wrapped any Christmas gifts, so while I watched the Green Bay Packers edge out the Minnesota Vikings yesterday for the division title, I got all the gifts wrapped up nicely and put under the tree. When I finished and added in all the gifts that our family sent, it wound up looking ... well, a bit embarassing:
I would say that we have quite a task getting through all of these gifts later this afternoon when our son, daughter-in-law, and the Little Admiral join us for dinner. In the meantime, we're relaxing after a long, tiring Christmas Eve topped by a beautiful midnight Mass with our good friend Ronnie (who helped me put together the table in the picture, a gift from my sister). I may continue to post until we start our Christmas, but I hope you all are having a wonderful time with your own families today.
Addendum: Here's a peek at the white Christmas we got overnight:
It's not much by Minnesota standards, but at least it looks a little better than what we expected!Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!