« News Flash To Terrorists: Saving Lives Is More Attractive Than Blood-Drinking Murder | Main | Journalists Can't Be Bloggers? »
I have a full work schedule today, mostly on the road (locally) and sitting in meetings, so I haven't had much chance to take a look at my e-mail or the news. I decided to stop by Panera for lunch, as all of their Twin Cities outlets offer free wi-fi service.
I know that chain locations like Panera are the epitome of corporate evil and all that, but it's really hard to beat for good food at a low price. They offer a pick-two combo of soup, salads, and sandwiches that allow me to eat healthy food at fast-food prices, or just a few cents more. (Lunch cost me $8.29, and I had a special bottled soft drink instead of the less-expensive fountain drinks, which have free refills.) Combine that with comfortable surroundings and the free wi-fi and Panera has an almost unbeatable combination.
Too bad I have to go back to work; they have a roaring fireplace, a perfect antidote for the 6-degree weather here this afternoon.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!