« The Spectre Of Specter Rises Again | Main | Predicting A Win From The Bottom Of The Ninth »
Minneapolis is getting five or more inches of snow as we speak, and I'm stuck at work across the city from home. If I wanted to go home, I'd have about a 3-hour drive ahead of me for an 18-mile trip. Right now the freeways out here are bumper to bumper parking lots. It's an unbelievable mess.
My best friend North Star Steve, who also works in my office, is joining me for dinner instead of driving home (we both live in the same neighborhood as well). This is what the commute looks like at the moment:
Normally it looks about the same, except all the cars are moving. These are basically parked.
More later when I finally get home ...
UPDATE: Yes, I finally made it! Of course, it was 9:15 when I finally got here, after spending an hour driving home. Let me tell you, if I knew how bad the freeways still were when I started out, I would have found a hotel room near the office instead.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!