« Swann Running Toward New Goal: Penn Governor | Main | Annan To Assad: Get Out (Updated!) »
Kevin McCullough has a good rundown on the current events in Syria this morning, but he adds a warning from an inside source at the Pentagon that Bashar Assad should heed:
Warning: These articles and others like them are building momentum for a credible military confrontation should President Assad refuse to back down. I don't expect him to change his clandestine approach until he sees meaningful force at his doorstep.
One can bet that Israel is working doubletime behind the scenes to encourage American action. I would expect the next steps to be taken by surrogates like Hezbollah.
Likely, Syria's meddling in Iraq and the upcoming Lebanese elections will provide sufficient trigger for some "coalition" action. That action may well have an "Iraqi" face.
It remains to be seen if Assad is paying the right amount of attention, but I suspect he's getting the message.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!