« Fitzmas Drizzles One Solid Indictment | Main | CQ Media Notes »
Looks like we'll be hospiblogging this weekend, at least at some point. The First Mate has a respiratory infection that now looks like it needs immediate intervention, along with a nagging fever that has the transplant staff concerned. Blogging may be a bit light, along with other efforts this weekend, although I may have a few surprises up my sleeve.
Keep her in your prayers. This is nothing life-threatening, but it's a serious development any time for a double-transplant recipient, even more so during flu season. We both appreciate it.
UPDATE: The FM is waiting for a bed to open up at the hospital, which we think will happen in about 90 minutes. Her temp had been as high as 103.1F (39.5 for my friends in Canada and Europe), but now it's down slightly to 102.4/39.1. We're not sure what she has going on, but she's going to the right place to take care of it. More later ...
UPDATE II, 9:00 pm: The FM is resting comfortably at the hospital, and her fever has dropped down a bit more. I spoke with her an hour or so ago, and she wanted to just get some sleep. She thanks all of you for your prayers. I'll spend the day with her tomorrow.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!