« RNC Blogger Forum: Alito's Contemporaries | Main | Alito 1, Schumer -35 »
I've been watching the testimony on Alito most of the day, or at least in between visits from the luminaries I've highlighted so far today. Most of this has been rather inconsequential, except possibly for the Kennedy portion (transcript here). Kennedy remains in his usual bloviating status, full of sound and fury signifying dementia. However, Russ Feingold slipped over the transom to outright insulting -- perhaps most egregiously because he doesn't present such a ridiculous figure as Kennedy obviously cuts. Feingold did everything but call Alito a puppet mouthing the words of his White House masters.
Alito got mad for the first time, managing to keep it under control, but protested that he had been a judge for fifteen years and he didn't need anyone to feed him answers to anyone's questions.
Feingold responded by changing the subject ... to Vanguard. What a jerk.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!