« Al Gore On The March? | Main | Philippines Averts A Coup (Updated) »
The First Mate has been in the hospital since Tuesday morning, suffering from severe anemia and a critically low white-blood-cell count as well. She has had four transfusions in the past week and still has low hemoglobin counts. She's just had a dialysis shunt put in and will begin treatments tomorrow.
In other words, she's had a hell of a week.
It looks like she'll be in until at least the weekend, probably Sunday at best. They want to give her two dialysis sessions in the hospital where they can keep a close eye on her. They will not release her until her hemoglobin levels stabilize.
On the plus side, we think we have a good potential live donor for another kidney transplant. I won't say who it is until it's ready to go, but we're going to pray that he's healthy enough and that he is a good tissue match.
Thank you for all your prayers. I'll keep you updated.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!