« The Religion Of Pieces | Main | DP World Makes Concessions, Pledges Cooperation »
A quick note before I run off to the hospital for the day ... The FM is doing well this weekend. Her anemia has improved with four transfusions of blood, but the numbers still seem to drift downward. We think this is a side effect of an immunosuppression drug called Campath (sp?), administered monthly until about six weeks ago when they stopped it.
She should be coming home on Monday if all stays well. The hospital needs to set up a regular dialysis regimen for her before she's released. She'll have to be dialyzed three times a week until another donor can be found, which won't happen until the polyoma virus gets cleared from her system.
However, she's feeling much better, and last night we even had dinner and a movie. I brought "Hitch" on DVD (they have a player in her room), and we both had a blast. Today I'm surprising her with "Bewitched", which she has wanted to see since it came out last summer. She sends her greetings to all of you and her thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Shot In The Dark
Northern Alliance Radio Network
Northern Alliance Live Streaming!
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Design & Skinning by:
m2 web studios
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!