« Fighting Irish Lion-Tamers | Main | The Path To 9/11 ... »
This evening, the First Mate and I will attend a dinner and silent auction in memory of Shawn Silvera. Shawn gave his life one year ago in service of our community as a Lino Lakes police officer. He left behind a wife and family, and a community which he had served not just as a police officer, but also as a member of the Peace Corps and as a volunteer for several charities. The evening will benefit several charities that reflect Shawn's passions for community and service, including Minnesota COPS (Concerns of Police Survivors), Catholic Charities, and our own Marriage Encounter. We're honored to be recognized by the Silvera family and we're looking forward to meeting them tonight.
If you have the means, please consider supporting any of these fine organizations, especially Minnesota COPS, in Shawn Silvera's honor.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!