« Jules Crittendon: AP Plays For The Other Side | Main | 'A Rather Hyperactive Imagination' »
I have a number of books piling up on my desk these days, begging to be read. I'm in the middle of Conservatives Betrayed by Richard Viguerie, but I'm taking a long time finishing it due to other projects. I'm hoping to finish it soon and then contact the author for a brief chat on behalf of CQ readers. It's a good read, and I'd recommend it to disaffected conservatives, although I'm not in complete agreement with his conclusions.
I just received Max Boot's new book, War Made New, this weekend. Max is a favorite columnist and a CQ reader, so I hear. I'm looking forward to reading the history of technology in warfare and the impact it's had on world history. It focuses on 1500 forward, so I presume the use of the longbow as the first effective surface-to-surface missile attack may not be covered.
Andrew Sullivan's The Conservative Soul arrived last week, but I understand that a significant print error exists in the pre-release copies. I'm supposed to get another version soon. I've flipped through it briefly but I'll wait for the corrected edition before commenting. Needless to say, Andrew writes well and provocatively, but that doesn't necessarily equate to correctly.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!