« Nifong Faces More Serious Charges | Main | Bloggers Have Resolutions, Too »
Earlier today, I mentioned that a plumbing problem at the house had held me up from getting to work on time. Well, it didn't get any better during the day. Our house has polybutylene water pipes instead of copper, and they're unusual enough these days that some plumbers don't service them. We couldn't find one to come to the house today, and so we have to wait until at least tomorrow afternoon to get hot water at the house. Since this is Minnesota, and this is winter, that means the water flowing through the pipes comes in around 35 degrees or so -- and ain't no way I'm standing under that to take a shower.
So, the First Mate and I find ourselves at the Country Inn & Suites nearby our house. We're paying for a room basically to take a shower, which makes this the most expensive warm water I've ever bought. I have an Internet connection in the room (free, too), but I'm not sure how much work I'm going to get done between tonight and tomorrow morning. Posting may be light, depending.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!