« US Exports Its Southern Border Solution To Gaza | Main | Jay Rockefeller And The Run Of Logan's Writ »
On the cusp of a no-confidence motion, the Liberal Party faces an increasingly hostile political environment, a new poll by SES research indicates. The Liberals have lost ground across the entire nation, both in total and within each region, with most of the gains going to the NDP (via Newsbeat1). They now lead the Conservatives by only a six-point margin, down by half in three weeks (Oct 27 poll in parentheses):
Liberal: 34% (40%)
CPC: 28% (28%)
NDP: 20% (15%)
BQ: 14% (12%)
Even in the east, where the Liberals enjoyed a majority three weeks ago, their numbers have slipped dramatically:
Liberal: 43% (57%)
CPC: 35% (26%)
NDP: 17% (14%)
BQ: N/A (N/A)
Looks like an excellent time to hold an election, if these numbers and trends continue to hold up.
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!