« Never forget ... what? | Main | Brian Mulroney: Replace the UN »
Malaysian PM Mahathir attempts to explain what he really meant in the Bangkok Post:
"In my speech I condemned all violence, even the suicide bombings, and I told all Muslims it's about time we stopped all these things and paused to think and do something that is much more productive," Mahathir told the Bangkok Post.
"That was the whole tone of my speech, but they picked up one sentence where I said the Jews control the world."
But just in case no one misses the point, Mahathir helpfully added:
"The reaction of the world shows that they [Jews] do control the world," he told the Post.
Mahathir is often described by Western leaders as a "moderate" in the Muslim world. Isn't that just peachy?Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I'm Sorry You Can't Comprehend My Genius:
Tracked on August 16, 2004 7:05 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!