« It's The Diva in All of Us | Main | Executive Life, Now Dead, May Come Back to Haunt the French »
In honor of my father (Korea), father-in-law (WWII, Korea, d. 1991), paternal uncles (WWII, Korea, peacetime), maternal uncles (Vietnam, peacetime), and cousins (peacetime, current), here are a few posts around the blogosphere that represent the best of the blogosphere's remembrances of Veteran's Day...
Power Line has the best veteran's story, one of an unrecognized hero: Capt. Harry Hornbuckle.
Venomous Kate reminds us of the everyday sacrifices of military families. Leave her a message telling her how much we appreciate both her and her husband.
Michelle at A Small Victory has two notable posts about Veteran's Day. In the first, she talks about how much of our lives we take for granted, and how much of that is possible only due to the sacrifice of our military. In the second, she notes how a few mouthbreathers spent their Veteran's Day disrespecting that sacrifice.
To our soldiers, past and present: thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Note: I'd like to add other posts to this message -- if you have any suggestions, drop me a comment or an e-mail with the information.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!