« This Explains A Lot About My High-School Love Life | Main | The WaPo Gives, The WaPo Takes Away »
Welcome to the new Captain's Quarters, with a spiffy new layout from Skinny Dippin' Designs! After a little over four months on Typepad, we outgrew the traffic limitations and so I've set up shop at Hosting Matters. Now I'll be able to customize the site (with Mel's invaluable help) and allow you to do the same. In the next couple of days, Mel will have another "skin" available for you to use. I think you'll like what you'll see. In fact, if you need some web design done, you should give Mel a try ... you won't be disappointed.
A few housekeeping notes:
* The Now Hear This links still connect back to the old site. I will be updating those as we go, but eventually they will all link back to this site.
* I won't be terminating my Typepad service for a while at least, so if you've linked to something I've written, it won't go away. Your Trackback pings all migrated here along with the posts and the comments.
* You'll notice that I've switched to Blogrolling for the links. Yeah, I gave up. But they look a lot better, and now I can track when new posts have gone up. If you link to me and you don't see a link back on one of my blogrolls, the Sister Ships group is now set up as a RecipRoll. If you're linking me through Blogrolling, your blog should appear on this list.
* The categories don't display on each individual post any longer, although I can adjust that later, but the category links will sort everything you need. The timestamp is the permalink for each post.
Let me know what you think of the new site!Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Welcome Aboard the New Captain's Quarters!:
Tracked on February 15, 2004 10:09 PM
» It's War! from highly moody
I'm just pimpin' out another Skinny-Dipper. The Captain was spending his time over on Typepad and decided he was going to take the next step in the blog-world and get himself his own domain running... [Read More]
Tracked on February 16, 2004 6:02 AM
» On the high seas from Zygote-Design
Captain's Quarters has its new digs along with a brand new domain name. Cap talks about the new site, and some of the changes here as he moves from TypePad to MovableType. Good sailing!... [Read More]
Tracked on February 16, 2004 8:01 AM
» Oh Captain, My Captain. from Everything I Know Is Wrong
Captain's Quarters has a great new design and a powerful new hosting site. As a sailor and fan of Patrick O'Brian's series about Jack Aubrey and the English navy I've got to say I LOVE Captain Ed's new look! Now Captain's Quarters is not only one of th... [Read More]
Tracked on February 17, 2004 8:20 AM
» Captain Ed Sails into MT Territory from brainstorming
Check out the Captain's new Movable Type site and congratulate him for outgrowing Typepad in only four months, (Ed. Haven't you been on Typepad for five months.........And your point is?) Looking good there, Captain! [Read More]
Tracked on February 18, 2004 3:11 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!