« European Union A Flop? | Main | Common Sense Prevails, For Now »
Pakistan announced that its latest offensive against al-Qaeda terrorists has already been more productive than its last one:
Pakistani officials said Sunday that the government had arrested the nephew of Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, Al Qaeda's former head of operations. Separately, the government detained nine people said to be part of a newly uncovered Qaeda-linked group responsible for a series of terror attacks.
The interior and information ministers announced that Mr. Mohammed's nephew, Mosabir Aroochi, was arrested this weekend in the port city of Karachi. Sheik Rashid Ahmed, the information minister, said a $1 million reward had been posted for Mr. Aroochi's arrest.
The Pakistanis seem to be getting better at this. Let's hope they continue to push the battle in Waziristan, or at least push the terrorists into Afghanistan where we can get our hands on them.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Pakistan Nails One:
Tracked on June 14, 2004 12:44 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!