« No Honor Amongst Terrorists | Main | Bush Approval Numbers Trending Upwards: Rasmussen »
John Kerry must have made major improvements in the past week in his secret plan to end the war. This morning, he told NPR that the Kerry/Edwards plan would "significantly reduce" American forces in Iraq within one year, rather than the four years he claimed as late as last weekend:
On Iraq, Kerry lays out his plan to ease U.S. military involvement by increasing international involvement and appointing a high commissioner to act as a liaison with Iraq.
"I believe that within a year from now we can significantly reduce American forces in Iraq," Kerry tells Inskeep.
Edwards adds that Kerry's proposal to create a "fresh start" has the capacity "to convert this from an American occupation to an international presence helping the Iraqis provide for their own security."
The NPR report does not report if Kerry provided any additional details on this plan, nor does it explain how he improved it 75% over the past few days. However, it does explain how Kerry envisions this plan and its implementation. Unfortunately for Kerry, it appears to be exactly what Bush has already done!
1. Increase international involvement -- well, Bush got the UNSC to unanimously endorse the occupation and the interim government. He has 31 nations involved in Iraq now. He's working with Muslim nations to provide security to the ever-courageous UN mission that bugged out a year ago, and possibly with Russia. If Kerry thinks he can get significant troop contributions from France and Germany -- in election years -- he's out of his mind.
2. Appoint a "high commissioner" to work with Iraq -- That was Paul Bremer. Now we have an ambassador to the sovereign government to Iraq. I doubt that Iraq perceives itself to need an American "high commissioner" to tell them what to do.
3. Convert security forces from American to Iraqi -- No kidding. It's exactly what we have already been doing, and to that end involving NATO in training the new Iraqi security forces.
So, kids, that's apparently the "secret" plan -- do everything that George Bush did, except with better hair. Kerry underscored the irony of his vacuousity by finishing with this trite campaign slogan:
"This president rushed to war without a plan to win the peace," Kerry says of his rival for the White House.
If so, it's interesting that with much more time and the benefit of hindsight, the only difference that Kerry has suggested in his "secret" plan is to change the last name of the guy running it. Once again, Kerry makes his empty-suit status clear.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Secret Plan Improved Over The Past Week:
» Help is on the Way – the French are Coming! from Politics of Reason
Visualize this. President John Kerry is inaugurated and within weeks thousands of French paratroopers are landing in Falujah, and the U.S. Marine Corp is packing up to go home. [Read More]
Tracked on August 6, 2004 1:07 PM
» Secret Intelligence Intercepted from mypetjawa v. 2.0 (beta)
****TOP SECRET**** **FOR YOUR EYES ONLY** FROM: Oliver Willis, CPRF (NKVD Station Chief, Boca Raton Consulate) TO: Politburo, CPUSA CC: Kos, Atrios, Drum, Marshall, Jesse Taylor BCC: AS (aka, The Mole) RE: Trotskyite Infiltrator & Other Surveillance Ma... [Read More]
Tracked on August 6, 2004 1:57 PM
» John Kerry's Secret Plan from The Key Monk
So what other international involvement is necessary -- France and Germany? Since when have those two nations become the center of world politics and sanctifiers of international legitimacy? Was it when France rolled over against the German armies in 1... [Read More]
Tracked on August 6, 2004 2:58 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!