« Day 1: Final Thoughts | Main | Kerry Losing Ground On Security: WaPo »
I received this e-mail from a reader last night when I returned to my hotel room:
You, and all the rest of the bloggers at the convention, are making the same mistake as the bloggers in Boston. You are all sounding like, "whee, look at me! I'm a hick in the "Big Apple!"
Do some professional reporting. Make us proud!
Agree? Disagree? Let me know your thoughts. Bear in mind, however, that conventions rarely generate "news" stories. The value, I think, is in the background we can provide on candidates, issues, and back-scenes machinery that most people rarely see.
I'm anxious to get a sense of what you think, so fire away.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Blogging Coverage: Open Thread:
» Oh, Leave Them Alone from Ubique Patriam Reminisci
Hog on Ice declares: Advice for RNC Bloggers WAKE UP I have been checking some of the sites of bloggers who were invited to the RNC. I have some brief advice. STOP ACTING LIKE TOURISTS. They finally decided to treat you like journalists,... [Read More]
Tracked on August 31, 2004 9:59 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!