« Final Thoughts On The Debate | Main | Senator Rabbit Gets Help From A Byrd »
CQ reader John Gault notes that the valediction that John Kerry's mother gave him, according to his answer at the debate, has a ring of familiarity to it. Band of Brothers member Jim Rassmann, while campaigning for Kerry in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, said this from the stump last month:
After serving with John Kerry, a veteran says Kerry is better suited to serve in the White House. Jim Rassman was in Eau Claire on Tuesday to campaign for Kerry. Rassman says Kerry saved his life when he pulled him out of a river during a battle in Vietnam. Rassman says he voted for Bush in 2000, but says he doesn't plan to back the President this time around. "There are three character traits John has that George Bush does not have and they are integrity, integrity, integrity [emph mine - CE]. I trust John Kerry implicitly. I don't trust a thing George Bush tells me," said Rassman.
There are four possible explanations for this:
1. Jim Rassmann is channelling Kerry's mother on the stump.
2. Rassmann plagiarizes dead people.
3. Kerry plagiarizes Rassmann.
4. This may be another of Kerry's canned stump stories, which makes it even more pathetic. Does it not occur to him that most mothers don't find it necessary to lecture their sons on integrity with their dying breath?
And doesn't it sound like Kerry plagiarized this from Rassmann?
UPDATE: More fun with 'Integrity' cubed ... Commenters are claiming that this is a quote from Singing In The Rain, the Gene Kelly/Debbie Reynolds movie from 1952. Can anyone find a script on the Internet with the quote?
UPDATE II: According to this Newsweek article, found by CQ reader Regret, Rosemary Kerry's last words were 'Integrity, integrity,' although no explanation is given of their context (as in, was she really responding to her son's intention to run for President?). Maybe this is going to be Kerry Campaign v22.0's new slogan.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Maybe Rassmann Plagiarized Kerry's Mom:
» SNL on the Third Debate from Watcher of Weasels
Saturday Night Live ran a tribute to Jimmy Fallon last week, so they didn't get around to doing a parody of the third Presidential debate until this weekend... at first, I wasn't sure whether they were even going to bother... [Read More]
Tracked on October 24, 2004 6:14 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!