« Screamfest On Scarborough Show | Main | Time: Bush Pulls Ahead, Up By 5 »
My friend and Northern Alliance colleage John "Hindrocket" Hinderaker received a singular honor from a competitor at the prestigious G. Harry Stine Memorial Launch this year. Team Vatsaas has named their entry the Hindrocket, and even modeled the entry from John's icon on the website. Team Vatsaas engineers predict that the 54" rocket will go a half-mile on launch.
Our justifiably proud friend writes on today's Power Line post:
We are truly honored to have this high-performance rocket named after us. It's another indication, I think, of how far the blogosphere has come. I'll bet no one enters a rocket named after Dan Rather in the the G. Harry Stine competition. As the event is going on this weekend, we expect to see photos of the Hindrocket's launching and flight on Rick's site, and we'll pass them on when Rick posts them.
We can't wait to see the pictures, but John is incorrect on one point. I believe that there was a rocket named the Dan Rather, but it had the unfortunate tendency to pull hard to the left and blow up in the faces of its owners.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Shot In The Dark
Northern Alliance Radio Network
Northern Alliance Live Streaming!
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
Design & Skinning by:
m2 web studios
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!