« Bush's Victory Lap | Main | Caption Contest Winners! »
Minnesota Senator Mark Dayton, who did his best Brave Sir Robin* impersonation last month when he "bravely ran away, away" from DC after a security briefing that caused no one else to leave town, has decided to make his triumphal re-entry now that George Bush won the election:
Sen. Mark Dayton said Wednesday he is reopening his Senate office after closing it last month, citing terrorist threats.
Dayton, D-Minn., said that the threats outlined in classified intelligence reports that prompted the closure covered activity only through Election Day.
"The timeline for the heightened threat has passed in those reports," Dayton said in a conference call with reporters. "I will be opening the office effective next Monday."
Dayton announced that he would release the declassified report next week so people can make up their own minds about his decision to run screeching for the hills. However, the report will not outweigh two incontrovertible facts:
1. No one else who read their report went into hiding.
2. Dayton announced the re-opening of his office the day after the election.
Only two explanations for these facts exist. Either Dayton got spooked and, without so much as a "women and children first" thought, hid under the first blanket he could find -- or he planned the entire stunt as a way to embarrass the President just before the election. Neither explanation should ease the anger and revulsion Minnesotans should feel towards their Senator for his actions during wartime.
It's time to get serious about ensuring that Dayton is a one-termer.
* - Gratuitous Monty Python reference.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!