« How You Can Support The Troops | Main | Arafat's Money Lies Hidden Still »
Vice President Dick Cheney experienced "shortness of breath" and was taken to a hospital this morning, the AP reports:
"On the recommendation of his doctors, the vice president is going to George Washington University Hospital for some tests," spokesman Ken Lisaius said. "He experienced some shortness of breath Saturday morning and has had a bad cold, which could be the cause for the shortness of breath."
President Bush was notified, Lisaius said.
Besides wishing the best for Dick Cheney and his family on a personal level, the incapacitation of the VP would be a tough blow for the Bush Administration. Cheney provides a philosophical focus and operational expertise to the war on terror, and losing those talents even for a short time will be tough to overcome.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference VP Sent To Hospital:
» Cheney Hospitalized from Secure Liberty
Vice President Dick Cheney has been taken to the hospital for some tests, after experiencing some possibly heart related symptoms. (h/t My Pet Jawa) Vice President Dick Cheney, who has a history of heart trouble, was being taken to a hospital on Satu... [Read More]
Tracked on November 13, 2004 2:25 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!