« Ukrainian Supreme Court Invalidates Election | Main | Brave Sir Robin Wonders At Snub (Updated!) »
Jim Geraghty at the Kerry Spot points out an example of Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell's brilliance on the Paula Zahn show last night. In discussing the results of the presidential election, the Democrat offered this jaw-dropping analysis (emphasis mine):
ZAHN: The president also relied on inside-the-beltway talent. Was the difference Karl Rove and he just had a better strategy? It's not like the president didn't rely on people who live in that neck of the woods.
RENDELL: Yes, although I think the Republicans do a much better job of listening to the grassroots, of listening to the constituents, of listening to people from all different geographic areas, and we don't.
Now, look, I'm not going to wring my hands over this election. If 9/11 had never happened, John Kerry would be president-elect today. I have no doubt about that.
Wow -- what a breakthrough in political analysis! If only history hadn't happened, John Kerry would be president! Rendell fails to mention that the Democrats had actually been informed of the 9/11 attacks. Supposedly, if they thought this event might affect the election, they could have developed policies that would help voters trust that Kerry would actually stand up to the terrorists and their apologists.
You know, it's just a thought. But then, I don't have Ed Rendell's legendary analytic skills.
Here's more of Ed Rendell's political insight:
* If the Republicans had hired better burglars in 1972, Spiro Agnew would have become President in 1976.
* If Teheran didn't exist, Jimmy Carter would have been re-elected to the presidency despite not having been elected in the first place.
* If Ronald Reagan had actually gotten the lead for Casablanca, Fred MacMurray would have become President in the 1980s, ushering in the Golden Age Of Sweaters.
* If George H.W. Bush hadn't tried so hard to push hearing-impaired voters to the polls ("read my lips"), Bill Clinton would still have been pursuing tawdry affairs from female subordinates. He just would have done it in the executive offices of a law firm, where that kind of thing belongs.
* If Al Gore had actually created the Internet, John Kerry wouldn't have had a chance to run for President until 2008.
* If Ed Rendell had anything interesting to say, he wouldn't be appearing on the Paula Zahn show.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Ed Rendell Puts The Anal In Analysis:
» Hear Ye! Hear Ye! from King of Fools
Village News - 11/04/04 Captain Ed is not impressed with the deductive reasoning of a different Ed. [ Ed – Too many Eds. ] [ King – You have no idea! ] The Impulsive Buy reviews Jack in the Box's Pie in a Cup. Joe Carte... [Read More]
Tracked on December 3, 2004 3:45 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!