« Car Bombing In Western Baghdad | Main | "Election Is What I Am Need" »
I'm watching Fox News and in the middle of an interview with former hostage Tommy Hamill, when suddenly they just brought in Jesse Jackson who wants to equate the Iraqi elections with the Civil Rights Act of 1965. Laughably, he says that democracy can't be conducted under occupation. Just how did he think that the 1965 CRA got enforced, anyway? How did the public schools in Arkansas and the university in Mississippi get integrated? It seems to me that having the National Guard federalized and providing security had more than a little to do with the initial success of desegregation in the South.
Why did Fox think that Jesse had anything germane to add to the Iraqi election story? Good Lord.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Did Ted Turner Buy Fox News?:
» Captain Ed on Jesse Jackson from Getting Elected Blogline
Captain Ed at the Captain's Quarters commented on Jesse Jackson's appearance on Fox News in a post titled Did Ted Turner Buy Fox News?. It and the comments are worth reading. [Read More]
Tracked on January 30, 2005 9:55 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!