« Not One Dime: Non-Nuclear Winter | Main | Morselli: Gagliano Was "The Big Boss" »
Harry Reid continues to suffer from his terminal case of projection, the Washington Times informs us this morning. After months of bilious rhetoric from the Senate Minority Leader and his fellow Senate Democrats, Reid told the National Press Club yesterday that the country had tired of Republican partisanship:
Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid yesterday in a speech laying out Democrats' agenda accused Republican leaders of being so consumed with partisan political "sniping" that they've neglected a troubled economy and a weak national defense.
"Democrats are the party of national security," Mr. Reid said at the National Press Club. "And we have an agenda to defend America from danger." ...
Mr. Reid said Republicans have squandered the first five months of this Congress breaking the Democratic filibusters against President Bush's judicial nominees, intervening in the Terri Schiavo case and trying to change the rules in the House ethics committee.
"Perhaps the greatest abuse of power is to have the ability to help but choose to do nothing," he said.
Specifically, Mr. Reid said Democrats want to increase the military by 40,000 troops, raise the minimum wage and allow cheaper generic drugs to be imported even if they violate patents held by American drug makers.
Mr. Reid also said, "Americans are sick and tired of getting caught in the crossfires of partisan sniping."
This recalls an incident from my childhood when my younger sister when running back to my mother, crying, "Mom -- Eddie hit me back!" Reid'c complaint is that Republicans fought back against Democratic obstructionism -- and he calls that partisan sniping. Shall we list the irrational partisan attacks involving the Senate under Harry Reid's stewardship of the minority?
* Democrats forced a debate on a state's presidential electors for the first time since 1876, despite not having any evidence whatsoever of any fraud, and despite much closer races in other states
* Democrats called an executive nominee a "liar" during floor debate, a breach of Senate etiquette
* Reid's reference to Henry Saad's FBI file, a highly confidential investigative file that even Saad can't access
* A continuing series of smears against sitting judges awaiting confirmation to the federal appellate court, undermining their authority in their current positions while they cannot respond to their own defense
* The continued indiscriminate use of the filibuster for every nominee whose politics they disagree with
And let's not forget Reid's own sniping, as the GOP reminded the press yesterday. This complaint comes from the man who publicly referred to his Senate counterpart, Bill Frist, as an "amateur". He told schoolchildren that Bush's judicial nominees were "bad people", and that an African-American woman and the daughter of sharecroppers (Janice Rogers Brown) wanted to return the country to slavery. Reid took the opportunity while Bush went on a diplomatic tour of Eastern Europe to celebrate the end of World War II to call him a "loser".
The Democrats, under the leadership of Harry Reid, Howard Dean, and Terry McAuliffe, have transformed themselves into a minority party that throws temper tantrums when it realizes what that status entails. They have behaved almost as badly as they possibly could, certainly much worse that Republicans did when they were the minority party for decades. For Reid to get up on stage and complain about partisanship after his record of prepubescent petulance makes him a stand-up comedian, not a politician, and about as far from a statesman as it's possible to get.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Reid: We're Tired Of You Amateurs, Losers, And Hacks Sniping At Us:
» Thin Skin from hubs and spokes
Captain Ed on Harry “Whinypants” Reid: The Democrats, under the leadership of Harry Reid, Howard Dean, and Terry McAuliffe, have transformed themselves into a minority party that throws temper tantrums when it realizes what that status entails. Th... [Read More]
Tracked on May 27, 2005 8:24 AM
» Quote of the Day: Delusions of Grandeur Edition from The Noonz Wire
"Democrats are the party of national security." -Harry Reid (D-NV), Senate Minority Leader, at the National Press Club on May 26, 2005. [Read More]
Tracked on May 27, 2005 9:05 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!