« Sistani Backs Constitution | Main | Able Danger Foxtrot V: The Pentagon Backstep »
London police had to Taser a suspect at Manchester's airport after attempting to detain him following suspicious activity with a mysterious package:
A man has been arrested under terror laws at Manchester Airport after the discovery of a suspect package. Greater Manchester Police used a Taser gun after the suspect resisted arrest. ...
Police had been called to the airport at about 8.30am after a man was seen acting suspiciously on the airport apron close to stand 26.
"Police attempted to arrest the men who struggled with officers. A Taser was then used to detain the man," police said in a statement.
"The army bomb disposal unit were called to examine the package which was found on the apron...."
The London Telegraph reports that the police will treat this as a terror investigation. More details will likely come later today.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Terror Arrest In Manchester?:
Tracked on September 23, 2005 7:30 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!