« Tories Open A Gap On Grits: SES | Main | Palestinian Gratitude »
A few notes from around the blogosphere while I catch up on the news of the day ...
* Mark Tapscott notes that the tiny Baltic nation of Estonia can teach the world about the advantages of free-market capitalism. Mark, who does great work at the Heritage Foundation and has been tremendously supportive of CQ, has links to tons of economic data.
* Speaking of economic data, King at SCSU Scholars (and a good buddy of mine) has plenty of background for the new Russian-Ukrainian compromise on natural gas. King spent time working with Viktor Yuschenko several years ago and knows the Ukraine like no one else. On economics as in politics, King is a must-read.
* And speaking of must-reads, my friend the Anchoress has a lengthy, gentle, but firm scolding for the press over the botched reporting on the Sago mine disaster. In my mind as well, this is the fruits of the emotionalism that the press congratulated itself for displaying during its Katrina coverage -- while getting almost all of the facts wrong on the ground. Instead of trying so hard to make themselves stars, perhaps the reporters should start focusing on getting the facts of the story straight first.
* Professor Bainbridge sums up the challenge of removing corruption from government particularly well. Want to get the money out of politics? Get it out of government. If we limit the federal government the way the founding fathers intended, the lobbyists would have no reason to buy federal legislators. They instead would flock to the states, but then the states could put more effective law-enforcement resources on the problem. Or, perhaps, they would also see the value of limited government -- but the decision would be theirs.
Back to the news feeds ...Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!