« RNC Blogger Forum: The e-Campaign | Main | RNC Blogger Forum: Upcoming Races (Update and Bump) »
We now go to background with key Republiscan strategists on polling. The numbers look better than reported in the press. The exact numbers are off the record, but they certainly seem compelling -- as long as the data doesn't put you to sleep. The GOP has had success over the Democrats in keeping their base happy, and the election will once again hinge on turnout. Even on specific issues, the numbers have recovered since the latest effort to get the news out to the GOP base. Alito has also gained respect from Americans on Alito, at least until today's hearings start.
Pros: Solid base that has grown
Fewer ticket splits
Stronger confidence on issues
Cons: Voters want change
Low presidential approval (although improving)
Low Congressional approval
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!