« CQ On The Air Tonight | Main | Al Gore Sells Out To The Saudis »
I wasn't going to comment on Vice President Dick Cheney's hunting accident this weekend; I figured enough people would hyperbolize this that another voice would be superfluous. However, as CQ reader Alan Blake pointed out in an e-mail, the AP had to have dug deep in their photo library to find a picture of Cheney with this scary look on his face:
Austin attorney Harry Whittington survived being hit with the shotgun blast from Cheney, only suffering some lacerations and bruises from the pellets. Cheney has a medical staff and an ambulance on standby wherever he goes, and Whittington got immediate medical attention. Even though Whittington is no spring chicken -- he's 78 -- he's expected to make a full recovery.
I'd expectg a lot of Dick Cheney jokes in the next few days, and perhaps the AP started with this selection for the wire-service report.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Can We Find A Worse Picture?:
Tracked on April 10, 2006 6:50 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!