« Finance Office Cleared Senior Staff In Scandal | Main | Guess Who's Running For Leader? »
Has Latin America ever produced an embarrassment as significant as Hugo Chavez? The nuttiness of the paranoid dictator continues with his response to a speech by Condoleezza Rice, in which she called the Chavez regime a "challenge for democracy" in the region. In response on his television show, Chavez made fun of her name and imagined himself as a hip-hop idol:
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez launched a new verbal attack against US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, bluntly warning her "don't mess with me, girl."
Responding to remarks before the US Congress last week in which Rice called Chavez a "challenge to democracy" in Latin America, Chavez warned the top US diplomat to back off.
"She messed with me again," he said in his weekly "Hello President" television show, deliberately mangling her name as "Condolences." "Don't mess with me, girl."
Last week, after her US Congress testimony, Chavez dismissed Rice as "the imperial lady."
Did he snap his fingers and wave his hand, too? Call her "girlfriend"?
Coming soon: Hugo joins "The View"!Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!