« Hip-Hop Hugo | Main | Hackett Identified Intelligence Gap »
Canadians will wind up with a new Liberal leadership soon, after Paul Martin's resignation forced a change of direction for the once-powerful party. According to SES Reseach, which nailed the predictions for the last national election, one of the front-runners has only been a Grit since bailing Martin out of a jam last spring. A poll of Ontario voters show these four in front:
Ken Dryden: 14%
Bob Rae: 12%
Michael Ignatieff: 12%
Belinda Stronach: 11%
Yes indeed, Strollin' Stronach has a virtual tie with the other three front-runners, with 28% still undecided. Stronach crossed the aisle after giving her boyfriend, Tory deputy leader Peter MacKay, all of a few hours' notice before betraying him in every way possible to prop up the corrupt Liberal government. For this, she received a portfoliio for a ministry in human resources, which lasted all of six months before the government got the boot from a disgusted Commons.
I wouldn't count her out of the race, either. She has a lot of money behind her, and a friendship with Bill Clinton to boot. That combination proved successful south of the 49th, and it will be potent above it as well.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!