« Nasrallah Runs Lebanon | Main | Israelis Capture Maroun al-Ras »
Remember the scene from Blade Runner where Decker interrogates suspects to determine whether they're replicants? Well, it turns out that an implant check largely follows the same kind of procedures:
KR: When you see a New York Times editoral, how does it make you feel?
CQ: Sad, as though something once brilliant has died and still doesn't realize it ... like the network news programs.
KR: It's working!
Come on ... secretly you knew that this really happens, didn't you?
Addendum: We kid, Karl, we kid. We kid because the implant told me to do so.
UPDATE: Oh, let's have more fun at my expense. Let's make this a Caption Contest. Be sure to put your entries in the comments section -- no e-mail entries, please! -- and I'll pick a winner by Sunday night.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Karl Rove, Checking Implants (Update: Caption Contest!):
» We Call It Voight-Kampff For Short from Ed Driscoll.com
Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response? Fluctuation of the pupil. Involuntary dilation of the iris... We call it Voight-Kampff for short.... [Read More]
Tracked on July 22, 2006 11:59 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!