« Signed In Broad Daylight | Main | You Only Get A Bigger Fire »
We have highlighted MN-05 Congressional candidate Keith Ellison's ties to CAIR and the Nation of Islam during this election cycle, mostly because the Star Tribune has gone AWOL on their duty to inform their readers of Ellison's track record in politics. However, as Swiftee notes, Fifth District voters have plenty of reasons to vote against Ellison on the basis of his record in the Minnesota legislature. If voters want to make it tougher to get deadbeat dads to pay child support, make it easier to file false police reports, and allow drivers to have open containers of alcohol in their vehicles while driving, then Ellison's your man:
1. 2005-2006 Legislative Session he authored a bill that would remove the state's ability to crack down on people who are delinquent in paying child support. ... SEE HF 1288: Driver's license suspension for nonpayment of support repealed.
2. 2005-2006 Legislative Session he authored a bill that would decriminalize making false reports of police brutality. He authored a bill that would make it easier for people to attack the police due to diminished legal consequence. I betting that the Bloods & Crips really appreciated Keith's attention to their issues.
SEE HF 2951 False information relating to police misconduct criminal provision repealed.
3. 2003-2004 Legislative Session he authored a bill that would allow alcoholic drinks to be inside a moving vehicle. ...
SEE HF 2875 Driver's license; specified misdemeanor traffic offenses provided that do not constitute grounds for driver's license revocation or suspension.
Readers will note that these aren't votes taken out of context; these are bills Ellison introduced himself. I wonder why the Star Tribune didn't mention any of this in their coverage of the race in MN-05 (via Mitch Berg)Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A Look At Keith Ellison's Legislative Record:
» Kieth Ellison’s legislative record… from Morning Coffee
There are many reasons to vote against Kieth Hakim Ellison.. His ties to Louis Farakham, or to the Terrorist financial support group commonly known as CAIR, are two… here is a look at some of the legislation he has written and proposed in the Min... [Read More]
Tracked on October 27, 2006 1:57 PM
» Klobuchar’s Rep-to-be, Keith Ellison from Kennedy v. The Machine
Here’s a little juicy dirt for everyone to consider about Amy Klobuchar’s soon-to-be Congressional Representative’s history in the Minnesota House of Representatives. Amy Klobuchar lives in the 5th District. (Sorry Gary, I don’t... [Read More]
Tracked on October 27, 2006 3:08 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!