« Mosul Elections Build A Crowd | Main | Susan Estrich Is An Idiot »
The AP has updated its earlier story to provide more details on the election-day attacks on Iraqi polling stations:
The suicide attack in western Baghdad claimed the life of one policeman and wounded several other people, while mortar attacks in Khan al-Mahawil, 40 miles south of Baghdad, killed another policeman at a polling station.
Witnesses said three other people were wounded when a rocket or mortar landed near a polling station in Sadr City, the heart of Baghdad's Shiite Muslim community.
Heavy explosions and dozens of mortar attacks broke out across Baghdad, and in several other cities, including Baquoba, Basra and Mosul.
Two mortars hit near the Ministry of Interior on the city's eastern edge, one witness said. And there were exchanges of gunfire in the New Baghdad area in the eastern part of the city. Explosions also were heard in Baquoba northeast of Baghdad, and in the southern city of Basra, the country's second-largest.
Quite a list of attacks -- and yet from what we can see on television, the Iraqis haven't been intimidated into silence. The terrorists aren't finished yet, but they will run out of gas soon, and the Iraqis will win this battle over the terrorists.Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!