« Moonbat Lemmings, Leftward March | Main | Democrats Get More Hysterical On Judiciary »
Greetings! It is I, Ed's long lost partner, finally back at home at CQ. For those who might actually remember me, here's a brief update on where I've been and what I've been doing:
- I'm engaged! I met a wonderful man while working abroad and we are getting married in November. (Yes mom, he's an American.)
- I'm moving. Again. Because Mr. Perfect lives in Oklahoma and is professionally obligated to stay there for the time being, I'm leaving my job here in Texas and will be joining him in the fall. This brings me to the reason for my recent leave of absence:
- Bar exam hell. Since I'm just a baby lawyer and don't qualify for reciprocity, I had to take the Oklahoma Bar Exam. All my fellow attorneys how miserable this was, and no, it is not better the second time around. I never realized how great I had it the summer I sat for the Tennessee bar; all I did was go to morning classes, do a few practice questions, and hang out by the pool the rest of the day. Not so when you have a full time job as a prosecutor! I spent all of my "free" time for the last three months listening to lecture tapes and answering questions about the legal ramifications of selling/buying widgets and who has title to Blackacre. Never again! Results come back 15 April and if I don't pass I'm going into the catering business or maybe bounty hunting. Anything but another bar exam!
That's brings us up-to-date. I'll be blogging as much as possible given the time constraints caused by job hunting and wedding planning. Will also be traveling quite a bit for my current job and unfortunately will be headed to places w/out internet or even running water in some cases.
Bleg alert! I will be doing a little wedlogging, seeking advice on the logistics of matrimony. Some little girls grow up dreaming of the puffy white princess dress and how many bridesmaids they will sentence to wearing horrid pink dresses with really big bows. I played with GI Joe and dreamed of expeditions to China, so I don't have all these preconceived wedding plans. I'll try to label these posts accordingly, so if you have no interest and no pity, you can spare yourself!
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Whiskey Returns:
Tracked on November 11, 2005 9:37 AM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!