« Stand Alone Journalists? | Main | Rice Pushes Ukraine For NATO, Looks Towards Belarus Next »
It has been twelve days since the Calgary Police Chif, Jack Beaton, used an Anton Piller order from a local court to silence an internal critic under the guise of a slander civil case. Beaton conducted a raid on her and her husband's house, confiscated computer equipment, and most chillingly has forced her to remain silent about her own case under threat of imprisonment. Vahey could go to prison indefinitely because she dared to air critisim about the police chief on the Internet.
The Canadian media rightfully complained about the publication ban on the Jean Brault testimony at the Gomery Inquiry. Why have we not seen any follow-up reporting on Vahey's oppressed status since the raid on her house? Have Canadian journalists reconciled themselves to Calgary's police state?Sphere It View blog reactions
TrackBack URL for this entry is
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Where Is Jan Vahey? Where Is The Canadian Press:
» Don't Mess With Calgary Cops from Kobayashi Maru
Picture: Calgary Police Chief Jack Beaton poses with seized weapons. What I want to know is, where's the PR photo of Beaton with the computer equipment seized from his now-silenced critic, Jan Vahey? [Read More]
Tracked on April 23, 2005 12:36 PM
My Other Blog!
Comment Moderation Policy - Please Read!
Skin The Site
Des Moines Register
International Herald Tribune
The Weekly Standard
The New Republic
AP News (Yahoo! Headlines)
Guardian Unlimited (UK)
New York Times
Los Angeles Times
- dave on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- brooklyn on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- rbj on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- Ken on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- Robin S. on Requiem For A Betrayed Hero
- RBMN on Hillary Not Hsu Happy
- NoDonkey on Another National Health Care System Horror Story
- Robin Munn on Fred Thompson Interview Transcript
- filistro on When Exactly Did Art Die?
Proud Ex-Pat Member of the Bear Flag League!